Check out this SlideShare Presentation:
Hyperlocal Hedon Blog
- Typical ‘front page’ of the Hedon Blog.
- The type of news that is ‘hyperlocal’ i.e. of interest to a very small audience – like ‘dog poo’ problems in the neighbourhood or holes in the ground!
- Popular Hedon Blog article of 2009 – the Free ASDA bus!
- The tragic death of Amy Black was a shock and people from around the world sought further news via the blog.
- Different ways that people can get the Hedon Blog information they want.
- The changes in the traditional newspaper industry that have renewed interest in hyperlocal news.
- Hobby blogging can bring passion, commitment and local insight. HOTI dog photo by Linda Hinchcliffe.
- Yes! – There is an active community in Hedon as demonstrated by the What’s On page and Wish List experiment. The Jigsaw Player and General Election Coverage are two examples of catering to particular audiences. Hedon Beacon photo by Neil Holmes.
- Beat Blogging – the daily routine of finding and gathering news for the blog.
- Excellent e-book by Adam Westbrook on the essentials of hyperlocal news gathering.
- Making it Pay 1 – It doesn’t have to!
- Making it Pay 2 – But if you don’t want to run at a loss! Source: Philip John.
- Inspiring Hyperlocal news websites – not published see Slideshare.
- Talk About Local – Leeds event bringing together hyperlocal community publishers.